mini one - buying a used car from an approved dealer - nicnac

Hello everyone,

Is it normal for car salesman to want to talk about finance first when you have expressed interest in a car. I booked an appointment to see a couple of cars and the first thing the salesmen wanted to do was sit down and talk finance before i had seen the car. They refused to give any discounts on the price and really made the experience unpleasant. Any thoughts?

mini one - buying a used car from an approved dealer - alan1302

Any thoughts?

Go to a different dealer - one that lets you see the car first and talks money later.

mini one - buying a used car from an approved dealer - galileo

Walk away. Salesmen so keen to sign you up to finance will be on a fat bonus for doing so. Probably know sod all about cars and couldn't care less if you buy one unsuitable for your needs.

mini one - buying a used car from an approved dealer - Andrew-T

Yes, the finance can be as profitable as the margin on the car. If they aren't even willing to haggle on a used one, they clearly aren't interested in a quick sale. Snag is, it seems that Minis hold their value perhaps better than their reputation for reliability might suggest, so they may have a point. Try somewhere else. If you have a car to part-ex, try to sell it yourself. My daughter recently bought a used Mini and saved over a grand by doing that.

mini one - buying a used car from an approved dealer - Avant

That salesman won't last long - he won't sell any cars. He was probably one of those who think people who just want to have a look and ask questions are time-wasters.

They're not of course: they may come back to buyin a few weeks or months if their initial experience was a good one.

Edited by Avant on 06/12/2013 at 23:02