Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - michellel

Hi all

Just new to this honest john site and my friend introduced me to it so thought I would share my experience.

I was driving the kids to school the other morning when i noticed lots of white smoke belching from the car, there was also a strange wanging noise then the car lost all power :/ I immediately rang my husband who then got on to our mechanic. After getting the car towed home the mechanic said it was the turbo had failed. He then went online and and came acroos this website which sells re conditioned turbos. I gave them a call and thankfully they had what i needed. Ordered and paid for the turbo over the phone and was with me within 2 days. Thank god the car is now running a smooth as ever as we have never relly had any problems with it before.

Edited by Avant on 06/11/2013 at 22:46

Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - dieselnut

It's a good job you got it towed & not continued to drive as some would. When a seal goes on a turbo like that, it soon manages to pump all the engine oil into the exhaust. By then it will need a new engine as well.

PS & welcome to the forum ;)

Edited by dieselnut on 02/11/2013 at 14:54

Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - skidpan

I suspect no such incident happened and that Michellell is actually advertising the services of the company in the link.

Call me a sceptical old b****** if you like but I think this type of advertising attempt has occurred before and the moderrators usually remove them quickly.

Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - galileo

I suspect no such incident happened and that Michellell is actually advertising the services of the company in the link.

Call me a sceptical old b****** if you like but I think this type of advertising attempt has occurred before and the moderrators usually remove them quickly.

I had the same suspicion - seems rather slick, not 'technical' in the sense it is helpful, there are lots of reputable turbo suppliers, why name one in particular?

Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - Avant

Sorry - missed this one until kindly reported. LInk removed.

Citroen C4 - citreon C4 1.6HDI turbo problems - michellel

I named one in particular because that is the one i used! Im sorry.... I didnt know i wasnt suppose to do this, im just new and thought it was for sharing experiences and info with people who have had the same problems.