Oh deer me! - Trilogy

Today there was a phone in on the Jeremy Vine Show about car accidents involving deer. One twazzock contacted the show to say it wasn't the fault of the deer. It was the fault of the landowners for letting deer on roads!!

Oh deer me! - dan86

A friend of mine who used to work in insurance was saying to me the other week after a near miss with a dear that in the event of a colision with one you can claim off the governmet.

Oh deer me! - csgmart

Today there was a phone in on the Jeremy Vine Show about car accidents involving deer. One twazzock contacted the show to say it wasn't the fault of the deer. It was the fault of the landowners for letting deer on roads!!

I'm a fan of the dear old BBC in many ways and Radio 2 is generally speaking pretty good. The exception is Jeremy Vine - the radio equivalent of Jeremy Kyle in my book (perhaps more than a conicidence they share the same forename).

In my opinion your post does nothing but confirm that his show 'discusses' matters of little to no importance and attracts callers who have clearly managed to bypass the education system.

Edited by csgmart on 16/10/2013 at 20:55

Oh deer me! - RT

Yes - what's wrong with the comment? You've heard of or seen deer fences haven't you, especially on Scottish sporting estates. They can't shoot deer if they've been hit by cars!

Oh deer me! - gordonbennet

The state broadcaster has gone to the dogs, Radio 2 as much as any dept.

The mornings are now ruined by Namedropper I Love Me Feltz, and what was the most enjoyable Jimmy Young show has been ruined by that Vine luvvie.

Though i finished completely with radio 2 yesterday.

Among the constantly repeated news broadscasts they had the on the scene reporters, this time presumably under the direction of a work experience child. They reported on the death of the Tiger cub born in captivity, and then in some of the most crass reporting its ever been my displeasure to hear, accosted some passer by in the street to get a reaction to the news...(probably sieved through until they got the right on PC reaction)...well this geezer started his piece by saying that he didn't know about the tiger death till just told by the reporter....was just some bloke happened to be passing by who hadn't a clue...i give up.

If this is what passes for mainstream journalism now then we are in real trouble, but then ever more revelations of cover ups and buck passing are revealed daily, the Beeb needs to be shut down, everyone sacked, and start again with a clean sheet.

As for deer or other unexpected things you encounter on the road, there is such a thing as driving to your own and your vehicles limitations and ability to stop...but then its the land of blame culture, they'll be tagging deer next taxing them and sending them a fixed penalty for jaytrotting.

Oh deer me! - Trilogy

About 30 years ago I was driving in rural Suffolk not far from the coast. The roads were narrow with high banks either side. (RT, this was arable land. You can't fence in all arable land!) All of a sudden a stag dear ran across the road in front of me. If that had been a split second later it would probably have been curtains for both of us. I was driving a Citroen Dyane.

Two years ago I was driving the Octavia on an A road near Bury St Edmunds, again in arable land area, and a roe deer ran into the road and managed to put a crease in the driver's side door. Fortunately, the deer was alright, just in need of some paracetamol.