VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - sparkyboy33

I was recently sent a NIP for a speeding offence. I asked for a copy of the photographic evidence and within the picture there is one car in the inside lane slightly ahead of me plus there is another in the second picture which is just passing the camera. Would my detected speed be effected by there being two other moving cars in the photos?

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - skidpan

I note that you do not say you were not speeding thus we must assume you were but are now looking for a way to get off.

Simply man up and pay up. Surely the reason for this forum is not to help the guilty avoid fines.

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - Peter D
Was this a Gatso hit or a speed camera van. If the latter then the image with the speed and range is the ping and you should see the target cross hairs on your vehicle. Regards Peter
VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - Andrew-T

If it was affected, that would happen so often that NIPs would never stand up. You should assume that the technology is pretty reliable. Pity maybe, but ...

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - Rats

You should assume that the technology is pretty reliable.

That's the trouble, everyone assumes that it is (and that is what the authorities rely on), but in fact, it's most likely pretty ropey, what we really need is the AA or RAC of many years back, or another group with the cash to challenge.

Surely these cameras and other devices need calibrating and adjusting for different circumstances, humidity, temperature, pressure etc. what about differing reflective properties, or with a hand-held device, it being moved whilst "locked" onto you?

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - alan1302

Why do you think they are pretty ropey?

There's no reason not to think they aren't reliable at what they do.

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - galileo

Even Mr Loophole hasn't claimed temperature, atmospheric pressure or humidity affecting radar as a defence, which he would if this had scientific backing. Modifying radar-reflective properties, as in US stealth bombers, has not yet been used in cars.

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - oldroverboy.

If you get the choice take the speed awareness course not he points, probably cost a little bit more though..

VW Golf - Notice of intended prosecution - speeding - Skezza

It's worth finding out if it was a Gatso fixed cam, or a mobile camera. The mobile cameras are calibrated regularly so you haven't got much of a leg to stand on if that's the case. The Gatso cameras are being neglected around the country. Many are broken, many don't have film, and many that are working and have film, haven't been calibrated in a long time. My father recently avoided a speed awareness course after being caught doing 38 in a 30 zone. The camera hadn't been calibrated since 2009 (he was caught in November of last year).