Kia Cee'd - 2nd Vs 1st Registered - Hugo1

Would buying a Kia Cee'd 2 diesel off Broker A who is selling it trade registered for £688 less than Broker B who is offering the same car but as a 1st registered keeper, negatively affect its resale value? I plan to keep the car for five years.

Edited by Hugo1 on 17/05/2013 at 05:41

Kia Cee'd - 2nd Vs 1st Registered - Talking Hoarse

I really cannot see the value being afftected after a year or so, that will be based upon age, condition and mileage. If I were buying the difference between a 1 owner and a 2 owner car is negligable. Maybe if it were 6 etc owners I would squirm.

Only ifs and buts I can foresee is SOGA - ie if it goes pear shaped your deal is with broker rather than with the Kia dealer. And ensure that the car is fresh and not 6 months etc old - it should be a fresh car, and registered to yourself promptly.

I had all of these reservations when I bought an i30 from a broker in Warrington, but as it turned out they were every bit as good as their word.

Kia Cee'd - 2nd Vs 1st Registered - skidpan

After 5 years it will make not a single penny to the value but don't forget the golden rules of buying via a broker.

Do not pay the broker a single penny, if they ask for money walk away. Only pay money directly to the dealer.

Ensure that you will get the V5 immediately, some dealers hang onto them for 6 months but this practice is illegal and could land you with a criminal record.

Kia Cee'd - 2nd Vs 1st Registered - Hugo1

Thanks for the replies. That £688 will buy me a 5 year servicing package WITH change. Happy dayz. Broker (major online company) does fill me with confidence. User feedback is very positive.