Insurance Exclusions - martint123
I wonder how common the exclusion below is??. The link isn't to my insurer, but I think the underwriter may be the same, but for bike not car.

I'm not worried about the MOT bit, but am slightly concerned about providing proof or regular maintainance - which I do myself. I've never bothered to keep receipts for oil, filters, plugs etc.

car.ukinsurancenet.com/highway_policy.htm

(guidance notes)
Your car must have a valid M.O.T.certificate and you may be asked to provide details to show your car was regularly maintained and kept in good condition.

Martin
Insurance Exclusions - Bromptonaut
Mark is a far better man than i to reply to this but what a clear and well written set of policy terms. The note presumably relates to the words "being used while in an unsafe condition" and will only come into play if the company have reason, e.g. from post accident investigation, to suspect otherwise.
Insurance Exclusions - Bromptonaut
and will only come into play if
the company have reason, e.g. from post accident investigation, to suspect
otherwise.

Doh!!! I mean suspect the car was not well maintained.
Insurance Exclusions - martint123
Thnaks Simon,
Sorry, the wording of the motorcycle policy dcoument I have is slightly different to the one in the web link (the meaning is similar though I guess).

Kept or used in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition (you may be asked to provide details to show the insured motorcycle was regularly maintained and kept in good condition

I realise that this would probably only be actioned upon a claim, but this is when wording like the above is used to try to weasel out of paying up..

Martin
Insurance Exclusions - Shigg
My general interpretation of insurance companies cover -
Here's a 'brolly BUT if/when it rains we want it back!

Steve.