Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - oysterman

Quite a lot of condensation inside lamp & it's going in for an MOT soon. Will that cause a problem with mot? Cheers ??

Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - elekie&a/c doctor
Unless the light out put is significantly reduced, then unlikely to be a problem.
Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - skidpan

Quite a lot of condensation inside lamp

Your car has a 5 year warranty, take to dealer.

it's going in for an MOT soon.

Why? The model was not introduced until early 2021, that's a year away, plenty of time to get it fixed.

I put the wrong model down??, it's a 2015 model.

I think the light output is good, so hopefully mot tester thinks the same.??

Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - Andrew-T

Best get the inward leak sorted as it won't do the electrics any good in the long term. That might affect a later MoT.

I take it i would have to remove it to do that, but is it relatively easy to do thou? Cheers

Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - elekie&a/c doctor
Assuming the Lens is not cracked or showing white light, then can’t see it being a problem. It’s possible to use a hairdryer or hot air gun to remove moisture without taking the light out . Carefully flow the hot air across the lamp , in a sweeping action , without getting too close .
Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - Andrew-T

It will probably take some time and effort to dry the interior of a (nominally) sealed unit, and a bit of condensation is unlikely to affect the result of an MoT if the lamp lights. But if water got in and can be removed, it will presumably return just as easily, which the electrics may not like. Still, that may take years, so the problem may not be yours. :-)

Hyundai i20 N - Rear fog light condensation - skidpan

I put the wrong model down??, it's a 2015 model

You need to modify the model of car you have. Hyundai did not introduce the "N" badged cars until 2019 the first being the i30 N. The i20 N came along in 2021.

As I said above you do not have an i20 N, it clear to me you have a older i20 of an earlier generation.

Correct facts help you get more relevant answers.