Car Insurance - thomasben2296

I do have a car insurance policy so is it possible to combine health insurance policy to it in case needed?

Car Insurance - FP

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I think highly unlikely. The criteria for health insurance and car insurance are so widely different and there's very little overlap.

Edited by FP on 16/10/2019 at 12:23

Are there any other options like where we can combine both coverage health with car insurance in case of any accidental situation occurs (touch wood). Thanks for the reply FP

Car Insurance - FP

I think you're asking the same question as before, though in slightly different words.

Car Insurance - Avant

I think what you need to do is talk to an independent insurance broker (not one attached to any particuar company) and go through all your insurance needs. They can then advise you whether there are any benefits in using one insurer or several.

But even with the same insurer I think you would need separate policies for each type of insurance.

Car Insurance - galileo

There are two chances of combining car and health insurance, small and nil.

What is your objection to taking out two separate policies, which is the obvious route?

Each risk will entail different premiums, different excesses and the health one will almost certainly require you to have a full medical examination by a doctor approved or specified by the insurer.

Thanks for reply galileo

My concern here is if that, I am looking for insurance for cheaper price, if in case I combine both the insurance at one place. Correct me If I am wrong.

Car Insurance - gordonbennet

Health insurance might be better sourced from known reliable companies, rather than on price, up to a point you can do car insurance on price but would only buy health life or critical illness cover from a company of good repute.

Thanks for reply Gordonbennet. Yes could you please help me out in choosing right plans for car insurance and for critical illness cover.

Car Insurance - galileo

Thanks for reply galileo

My concern here is if that, I am looking for insurance for cheaper price, if in case I combine both the insurance at one place. Correct me If I am wrong.

If your car insurer actually does health insurance policies, they MIGHT give you a SMALL discount as an existing customer, but it would still be a separate policy, not combined with the car insurance.

I hope that makes it clear for you?

Thanks for the information Galileo

I will contact my insurance company and will raise the concern whether I can get a discount or not.