Rivers/ lakes/ reservoirs where you can have a bath - Prjpro

Hi all

I used to live in Bath, where there is a place, warleigh weir, by the river, perfect for having a bath with the little ones in very hot days.

I live now in Lichfield and I can't find any similar place closer than 3 hour driving. I have asked some local people but nobody seems to know any similar place.

So, does someone knows places where is allowed having a bath in hot days, suitable for kids, and not that far away from Lichfield??

Edited by Avant on 30/06/2019 at 20:10

Rivers/ lakes/ reservoirs where you can have a bath - Bolt

Hi all

I used to live in Bath, where there is a place, warleigh weir, by the river, perfect for having a bath with the little ones in very hot days.

I live now in Lichfield and I can't find any similar place closer than 3 hour driving. I have asked some local people but nobody seems to know any similar place.

So, does someone knows places where is allowed having a bath in hot days, suitable for kids, and not that far away from Lichfield??

Not so sure I would want my kids to swim in local waters -come to that me either, judging by what I have seen in some rivers. they are not as clean as they used to be, or are they?

Rivers/ lakes/ reservoirs where you can have a bath - Prjpro

Of course, when I say suitable for kids, it also includes to be suitable water for swimming.

I am from Spain and I have also live a few years in France. Thera are plenty of rivers and lakes suitable for swimming in the areas I have lived. They are usually in the mountains or close to the source of a river, where the contamination is supposed to be very low.

I have just wondered if there are similar places to the ones I described above in the Midlands, Peak District...

Rivers/ lakes/ reservoirs where you can have a bath - Bolt

Of course, when I say suitable for kids, it also includes to be suitable water for swimming.

I am from Spain and I have also live a few years in France. Thera are plenty of rivers and lakes suitable for swimming in the areas I have lived. They are usually in the mountains or close to the source of a river, where the contamination is supposed to be very low.

I have just wondered if there are similar places to the ones I described above in the Midlands, Peak District...

I know what you meant, my point being I`m not sure anyone would recommend anywhere in UK apart from proper swimming pools as they are generaly clean, I`m not so sure that could be said about rivers

I`ve no doubt someone who knows better will be along soon to advise better than I, sorry

Rivers/ lakes/ reservoirs where you can have a bath - bathtub tom

There are open water swimming places in the uk. One on the Thames (IIRC) was in the news recently over mixed sex bathing.

I suggest you try googling it.