Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - Redcar01

Someone ran into the back of my wife at a roundabout. The driver didn't want to get out of the car to speak to my wife at first but eventually opened his window to give his name and insurance company. My wife took photos of the cars and the driver . it looks like there was no damage to my wifes car. the garage looked at it and said the bumper is designed to bounce back out so no damage. is there any comeback my wife who was run into ? We was not going to report it to our insurance as there is no damage

Thanks

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - SteVee

I had a similar accident on a motorway - I was the front car of a multiple car impact in heavy traffic, all 5 cars pulled off onto the hard shoulder, My car had just been bumped slightly and there was no visual damage. I told the driver behind me that I wouldn't pursue any claim, and just took some details and drove off. I've never heard any more about it. You've got nothing to report really.

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - brum

If the guy was of a certain heritage you may well be hit with a whiplash claim for several passengers a few months down the line.

This situation would leave me with a few sleepless nights not knowing what to do. Good ypu have photos. Hold on to them.

Edited by brum on 18/10/2017 at 14:34

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - oldroverboy.

Behind the bits that "bent back" there may well be damage. Inform your insurance company and get it checked.

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - FP

Are you saying that if the guy was not "of a certain heritage" there would be no claim?

The implication of your comment is that only the members of certain ethnic/racial groups indulge in this sort of behaviour.

Did I say only? And I dont recall mentioning ethnicity or racial groups.

So the answer to your question is clearly no and your interpretation of my comment is wide of the mark.

It could be a variant on the old cash for crash scam

www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4053733/crash-for-cash-sca.../

Edited by brum on 18/10/2017 at 21:38

Then perhaps you would be good enough to explain what "a certain heritage" meant in your remarks.

belonging to criminal groups who indulge in crash for cash scams...... cant you read?

www.insurancefraudbureau.org/insurance-fraud/crash.../

Tell-tale signs that you've been in a Crash for Cash scam:

• The other driver is far too calm for someone that's been involved in a car accident
  • They have already written down their insurance details before the accident happened
  • Any injuries appear to be completely at odds with the force of the impact

Edited by brum on 18/10/2017 at 21:58

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - alan1302

belonging to criminal groups who indulge in crash for cash scams...... cant you read?

www.insurancefraudbureau.org/insurance-fraud/crash.../

Tell-tale signs that you've been in a Crash for Cash scam:

• The other driver is far too calm for someone that's been involved in a car accident
  • They have already written down their insurance details before the accident happened
  • Any injuries appear to be completely at odds with the force of the impact

None of that mentions the persons 'heritage' - you appear to be saying someone of a particular race and not trying to make out you never mentioned it.

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - RobJP

Brum - it does come across as implying that if the person is of a 'certain heritage' then they are more likely to be involved in the sort of scam you suggest.

And that does come across as racist.

Might I suggest you stop digging this hole ?

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - Avant

Agreed! And brum has even reported someone alse as 'offensive.

Brum, I accept that you didn't intend any racist comment. But I think you would have done better to say 'people of a certain criiminal type'.

Peopl turn to crime for all sorts of reasons, but I don't think this is the place to start a nature v nurture debate.

There was me surprised a few years ago when the cash for crash scammers ( I knew from seeing them when I chased after them and caught them in a street nearby) turned out to be the same ethnic/racial/colour as myself. British white Caucasian.

SUGAR!!!

"... can't you read?"

Yes, I can read, thank you.

You come across as being touchy and your responses are defensive - or rather tangential, not addressing the issues raised by your use of the word "heritage" - meaning something inherited.

Whether you realised the implications of the word when you first used it I don't know, but it seems to me unfortunate. The easiest thing would be simply to withdraw what you put.

P.S. I'm struggling not to believe I was the one whose post was reported as offensive - just because I called someone out for language which they may not fully have thought through.

Edited by FP on 19/10/2017 at 12:30

Audi A1 Sportback - Accident issue - scot22

Just read the thread. Well done FP for picking the issue up. Those type of comments are unacceptable.

Good moderating Avant.

Handbags Girls!