Wife's minor scrape - Barracuda Steak

Hi Guys

My wife has had her first little scrape today, she was pulling out of the layby outside our house, and - although she is meticulous with her mirrors and looking around - a car two doors up had pulled out behind her and starting driving down the road, and she pulled out and just hit the back quarter.

The guy was fine - neither took photos (SMH) he obviously knows where we live and vice versa - but the guy just said to my wife it was a 'rental' and not to worry about it.

Can the guy still come back to us with a claim??

We might never hear anything from the guy, but I also dont want him coming back and saying we need to pay for something that the Wife didnt do.

As I've never had an accident, I'm just after some advice.

Cheers guys

Wife's minor scrape - SLO76
You should always take photos if possible but no point in worrying about that now. If it's a rental however and assuming they notice the damage he'll have to pay a grossely inflated fee to repair it unless he's taken the collision waver. From the relaxed brush off I'm assuming he has. If it does come back to you then do everything through your insurance company and accept that wee knocks and bumps happen.
Wife's minor scrape - Cris_on_the_gas

Which country did this occur ?

Wife's minor scrape - Barracuda Steak

UK

Wife's minor scrape - FP

You have my sympathies. We've all been there and done that, or nearly did it and got away with it - just.

Technically your wife was careless, but it's an easy mistake to make.

As others have said, chalk it up to experience and let your insurance deal with it. Next time, get pictures, names of witnesses etc.

Your insurance premium may go up, unfortunately.

On the other hand, you may hear nothing further.

Wife's minor scrape - concrete

If the car your wife hit is a rental car then the rental company will almost certainly want the damaged repaired properly and some compensation for the vehicle being out of use. This is definitely one for your insurance company. Not only because the claim could be substantial but also they will deal business to business with other partys insurance. This is not something for the layman. Leave them to it and chalk it down to experience. I will bet you your wife never makes that mistake again. I think you can look forward to hearing from the rental company involved in due course. If not, you are a lucky so and so!

Cheers Concrete