first impressions of my new Volvo XC60 D4 Auto - concrete

Like skidpan I will give an update about the vehicle. Only covered 600 miles with no long journeys but the computer says 42.4mpg. My brim to brim tells me I get better than that by about 8%. This week I am going back to North Yorkshire via Sheffield, so by the time I return home next week I should have a clearer idea about consumption. But for the size and weight I am pleased so far. Once located the electronic park brake is fine to use, it also releases automatically if you set off in D. The telephones for me and SWMBO paired up instantly. The DAB radio is excellent and the sterio also works well through bluetooth from my music library on my i phone. Satnav is simple to use and offers traffic reports and speed camera warnings. Cruise control is fine but I am not a fan really. Collision Avoidance works up to 17mph so you don't mow down people in car parks, over that it's up to you! Seats are very comfortable and there is lots of storage. The rear seats folded flat for when I collected some gardening supplies and the remotely operated tailgate is a godsend when carrying things. All in all a very positive experience so far. I shall update from time to time as the ownership and mileage progresses. Especially our planned long trip through Europe this summer pulling a caravan; that should reveal lots about living with the car.

Cheers Concrete

first impressions of my new Volvo XC60 D4 Auto - Avant

Many thanks for the update. Is yours the new model or did you get a good deal on the old one?

I've had my V60 for nearly a year and so far so good. I'm not as fond of it as I was of my three Skodas but it does the job it's meant to do and the D4 goes briskly enough. First service booked (none of this two-year nonsense, it's a year or 18,000 miles whichever comes first) and nothing amiss to report.

Even if we can afford to change SWMBO's car every 3 years or so, the Volvo will have to keep going, and my impression is that it's built to last.

first impressions of my new Volvo XC60 D4 Auto - craig-pd130

The D4 engine is a peach, despite its early EGR teething troubles. When mine goes back in the summer, I will its punch, especially at higher cruising speeds.

first impressions of my new Volvo XC60 D4 Auto - concrete

I did get a spectacular deal on the the run out model. Doesn't matter much to me it is still a good vehicle and extremely well finished. Like Craig the 190bhp D4 has some punch and a kick down at most speeds gives the desired results. Just returned from my Easter trip and the fuel consumption average has risen but still only 1400 miles on it. Difficult to assess the fuel on this trip. The trip up was a nightmare, M25 was 4 miles in 90 minutes at one point. Followed by the M1 with a similar situation. After that I did hustle along a bit to make up some time so sacrificed economy for speed. I am putting up a new post after reading HJ in Saturdays Telegraph. Cheers Concrete