Renault Kangoo (2009–2012)
New Kangoo announced. There are two trim levels: Extreme and Expression, with a choice of five engines, and crucially, an automatic option. The entry-level Extreme offers 30W audio system with auxiliary point and fingertip controls, 12v power outlet in centre console, driver and front passenger airbags and remote central locking.
Expression adds 4x15W audio system, stylish body-coloured bumpers and door mirrors, electric/folding door mirrors, front fog lights, ISOFIX points for front passenger seat and front overhead and multi-position rear parcel shelves.
- £200 CD MP3 audio system with auxiliary point and Bluetooth™*
- £500 15” alloy wheels*
- £250 cruise control and speed limiter
- £300 ESP with traction control and understeer control*
- £200 front and rear curtain airbags
- £250 rear parking sensors*
- £300 rear roof flap - useful for lengthy leisure equipment or horticultural items*
- £250 roof bars
- £150 electric rear windows
- £600 integrated satellite navigation*
Two options packs also feature: £125 ‘Adaptability Pack’ - folding front passenger seat and rear aviation tables, plus £250 ‘Easy Pack’ - auto lights and wipers and electric rear windows. New Kangoo is available in a choice of 12 colours, seven of which are metallic, costing £395.
Launched in the UK. Expression 1.5 dCi 86 predicted residual value 32.4% over 3 years/60,000 miles.
Longer wheelbase Kangoo Express Maxi in UK from June 2010. Kangoo now available in three wheelbases: Compact, standard and Maxi.
Renault Tech has launched a new Kangoo Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV), as part of its range of factory-produced vehicles for customers with mobility difficulties.
Renault Tech Kangoo WAV features everything wheelchair users need and has been specifically designed to offer as much space and comfort as possible. It includes a practical back seat configuration meaning that the wheelchair user has plenty of space – no matter how large their chair - with the option of one, two, three or four others travelling in the vehicle.
The Kangoo with twin sliding side doors is accessed via a ramp at the rear, and the option of unique air suspension system lowers it to make getting in and out as easy as possible. It also provides a smooth ride, thus giving greater comfort for the wheelchair occupant.
The Renault Tech Kangoo WAV is available in three specifications;
- Essential - includes manual double-fold ramp for easy access, three seats and ample space for a wheelchair, including XXL or electric wheelchairs.
- Easy – comes with grab handle, manual single-fold ramp, automatic lowering air suspension, four seats, 12V rear socket and space for a wheelchair.
- Serenity – remote control single-fold ramp, automatic lowering air suspension, three or four seats, grab handles on both sides and space for a wheelchair.
Many useful things have been designed into the car, and as well as grab handles, there are cup holders, numerous storage areas and a 12V power socket in the rear cabin so that the wheelchair user can be entertained throughout the journey with games, MP3 players or DVDs.
The rear original seats from the Scénic multi-purpose vehicle are of a large size and comfort that you would expect from a Renault and they can be folded or removed to maximise space.