My new car was faulty, but is now apparently fixed - should I keep it or reject it?

I had a new Volkswagen Golf delivered on 11 April with 120 miles on it. Four hours later with 200 miles on it, the car went into limp mode. It was taken to a Volkswagen main dealer and I was supplied with a hire car. Two weeks later, the ECU and injectors have been replaced but they still don't know what the fault was. They've now replaced the cylinder head and said that has fixed the car, but I have no trust left in this car and rejected it. They have now come back to me saying they would like me to take the car back and will offer goodwill, although didn't give any idea of the goodwill offered. It's on finance and the finance are fully aware of the position. I'm worried that the car will be faulty again soon and then out of the 30 rejection period. Should I keep the car or reject it?

Possibly okay as long as the problem is fully documented with the dates and as long as you send a letter to the dealer principal of the supplying dealer expressing your misgivings and stating that if you have any further problems within the next three years you will immediately reject the car as fundamentally fault from the day you took delivery. Send this by Post Office Special Delivery, keep a copy and staple the certificate of posting to the copy so it becomes a matter of record for any future legal proceedings.