Dealer refused my rejection of a faulty new car - what should I do now?

I bought a brand new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe. After 28 days it broke down and had to be recovered. I sent a letter expressing my short-term right to reject the vehicle for not being of satisfactory quality within 30 days of ownership. It has been three weeks now and the dealership has today rejected the rejection. A cable came loose in the engine and shorted ou,t blowing a fuse that ran six vital parts of the car, meaning it would not start. Where do I stand now? The finance company are still looking into it, but I thought it would be a easy rejection as the vehicle was not satisfactory and not fit for purpose.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is a statute. It does not give you an automatic right to anything until rulings on it have been made in court: County Court, High Court, Supreme Court. If you take Mercedes-Benz on legally, I have to warn you that they play hard ball. Cost one reader nearly £30,000 and, even though he won, he was not awarded all of his legal costs so he still lost out. Law here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights