Enter Honest John's Kit Competition An awesome prize is up for grabs every week | No thanks

The injector of my Skoda Octavia failed - could it be linked to the emissions fix?

I had the emissions fix done on my 2012 Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI on 10 October. My car went into limp mode and showed two warning lights yesterday. I drove to my local garage, where they told me injector number four had failed. I've owned the car, which has done 85,000 miles, for over a year and it was fine until yesterday. Could this be linked to the emissions fix? I've told the garage to fix the injector as I need the car and don't trust the garage that did the fix to repair the problem.

Asked on 7 December 2017 by Michael McNicholl

Definitely will be because the fix imposes an extra injection cycle on the injectors, which is 50 per cent more work. However, to get this fixed free of charge it has to go to a Skoda dealer. They won't pay for it to be fixed at an independent.