We got a parking fine because our disabled blue badge showed the wrong year - what can we do?

I have just had my second appeal dismissed by Independent Appeal Service. I’m in my 70s, disabled and have a seriously ill husband who is also disabled. We went to our local health centre for an appointment and parked in a disabled bay but unfortunately our current Blue Badge had dropped on the floor and it was displaying a 2015 Badge. When I arrived back at the car I had a fine for £100 on the windscreen. I immediately went home and sent PCN (NW) Ltd a copy of our 2018 badge all to no avail. We have no savings and live off our pensions can you suggest what we can do now that our appeals have been dismissed?

Asked on 15 November 2017 by Mariea lymer

This is despicable, but legally there is nothing you can do because these nasty people are within their rights to impose this sort of penalty. The relevant law is the ruling in Beavis v Parking Eye, Supreme Court, November 2015. I think you should get in touch with BBC Watchdog and shame the evil moneygrabbers on television: www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact /