Can a parking company issue a ticket to a car without a blue badge but parked in a disabled-only bay on a private road?

Is it possible for a private parking enforcement company to issue a parking charge if a vehicle without a blue badge is parked in a disabled-only bay on a private road, within a residential estate? There are residents, who for months, continue to put different vehicles in this disabled bay. And if they ever move a vehicle from this bay, they have another ready to park in its place. We all have one designated parking bay per house, however they are using daily two visitor bays, one of which is disabled too, and their own designated bay.

Asked on 28 March 2017 by Chris Cairs

If the parking company is employed by the residents association to manage the parking then yes, they are legally entitled to issue parking charge notices for any vehicle that contravene the parking regulations and these can be enforced through the County Courts. The statute is the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Clase 56. And the law is Beavis v Parking Eye, Spreme Court, November 2015.