I've heard of rapid battery drainage in Honda vehicles - how do I combat this?

I've just bought a Honda CRV. I've heard of, and experienced (mother-in-law's Honda Jazz), rapid battery drainage. I have seen various solar-powered trickle battery chargers which connect either via the battery terminal (awkward in an airport carpark) or cigar-lighter socket (only if circuitry allows). Do these products work and would they be suitable for my vehicle?

Depends how the accessory socket is wired. If it is hard-wired directly to the battery (with an inline fuse) then a dashtop solar charger might generate enough electricity to keep the battery charged. Caravanners and boat owners use them so a camping shop or boat chandlers are probably your best sources.