WIN: A bundle of Christmas prizes, worth more than £1500 Click here to enter today  | No thanks

I bought a used car two weeks ago and now the clutch has gone - what can I do?

I purchased a car via AutoTrader but since buying the car after two weeks the clutch has gone. I was told it will cost me £200. Is there anything I can do, or ask the previous owner to assist?

Asked on 16 June 2017 by Dawn Sparks

If you bought it privately, no, unless you specifically asked about the condition of the clutch and the vendor specifically told you it was fine. Then he could be held liable for a breach of contract.