I received a PCN after paying via my phone - but they've refused my appeal?

I parked my car in a private station car park as I do most weeks. I came back one evening to find a PCN on my car even though I had called earlier that day and paid automatically via phone with my debit card. I've challenged the PCN with the proof of payment coming out of my account and they have refused my appeal on the grounds that I hadn't paid when the ticket had been issued. What can I do?

Asked on 5 May 2017 by Jo Jagger

They write the contracts so they can penalise you for any breach of their rules. But if the car park notices do not clearly state that you have to pay immediately after you have parked the car, then you can take this to Small Claims and probably win.