I got a parking ticket because the machine wouldn't accept the new £1 coin - what can I do?

I got a PCN because of an expired ticket. The parking machine didn't accept the new pound coins and there is no note saying that this machine does not accept the new pound coins. Because the machine didn't not accept the new pounds coins I ended up paying for less time than I have needed. I arrived 15 mins later than the parking ticket expiry date and i was issued with a PCN by UKPC. I have appealed to UKPC they rejected my appeal they didn't comment anything about new pound coins. What are the chances of my appeal if I take this to further appeal?

Asked on 18 June 2017 by Mr Thathi Pammi

If the machine rejected and returned the coin there's not much you can do. But if it swallowed the coin but did not credit you with its value then you have a case to actually accuse UKPC of fraud and theft.