What should we do to protect our Landrover Defender to protect it from theft?

What would you recommend we do to our Landrover Defender 110 to protect it? There have been a spate of thefts in our area. They are also stripping the car doors off outside owners' houses for parts. The insurance companies are not paying out what the cars are worth or even how much they cost to get fixed. Our garage recommends a Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser, use specialist screws on the doors and move the alarm to somewhere the thieves cannot easily access.

Won't help with the doors, but I recommend a Disklok that's like a great big dustbin lid you fit over the steering wheel. Highly inconvenient, but much more so to the thieves.