My BMW alloys are peeling - should the dealer replace my wheels?

I brought an approved used BMW last month. It is still under manufacturer's warranty. When I washed the 442M Diamond Cut alloy using a pH neutral wash some white residue marks appeared as I dried it. The BMW dealership is saying they won't replace my wheels. They have clearly been refurbished before and I think this is why.

It's a cosmetic issue and very common because lacquer applied to polished alloy simply doesn't stay attached. BMW dealers are fed up to the back teeth about it and know that of they replace the wheels it will happen again. I'd negotiate with them for a proper refurb that paints the wheels with heat resistant paint and then lacquers them.