Does my Honda Jazz need a new battery?

We own a Honda Jazz. It fits our needs perfectly as iur mileage is very low, with lots of short runs. The car has not been driven for about six weeks due to ill health. Today it started first time, but after a short journey the battery was flat. Will a simple recharge and a reasonably long drive suffice or should we replace the battery?

Asked on 16 December 2016 by

Best to replace the battery because it has probably lost its capacity to hold a full charge and you don't want to risk getting stuck somewhere, like a carpark that fines you for overstaying whatever the reason.