Should I fight my disputed parking ticket in court?

I am been taken to county court for an unpaid parking ticket at a private car park. The ticket states that I was parked in a restricted area which I was not. They also claim that I drove away before a ticket could be attached to my car, which is also untrue as I was still shopping at the time they claimed this happened. I have a receipt from the supermarket to prove this. What should I do?

Asked on 11 December 2016 by Wayne 567

Answered by Honest John
Let it go to the Small Claims track of the County Court and challenge the ticket with your evidence there. Law here:
Similar questions
I recently left my car parked in a car park for an hour and a half while I went shopping. I've now received a parking charge for £100. Is this fair?
My husband dropped me off in my car one evening to purchase do some shopping. He left the car parked to collect another purchase from nearby, then returned to collect me some 20 minutes later. I had to...
I recently received a parking charge for overstaying at the Heathrow Sainsburys Esso service station. The ticket says the limit is 20 minutes and the signs, which I have now checked, say 45 minutes. The...

Value my car