What's the legal towing capacity of the Nissan Terrano?

I have a Nissan Terrano. I believe its towing weight is about 2900kg and I'm thinking of getting a new trailer, with a gross weight of 3500kg. The unladen weight is about 1900kg and my horse weighs about 600kg. Plus hay and a few bits which adds another 150kg. By my calculation that comes to 2650kg, within my towing weight. I would definitely not attempt to carry more than my one horse. Would this be legal?

Asked on 24 November 2016 by Alison Elmer

Presumably you are licensed to tow? (www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/driving-licence-rules-a...w.) These ate the Terrano II's towing capacities: www.uktow.com/towing%20capacity.asp?make=Nissan&am.../ As long as the loaded trailer (including horse, hay and other stuff) is within the weight limit you are okay.