Dealer hasn't been honest about car's history - what are my rights?

I'm in the process of buying a second hand Freelander 2. I've paid a 'non-refundable' deposit and in doing the background checks have identified the car was originally imported to the UK from Holland. This was not mentioned at all by the dealer, only the full service history and condition of the car. The car checks have also uncovered some advisories on the MOT. Again this was not disclosed.

I am worried on a few counts:
1) The import status was not disclosed to me
2) It does not look to have been reflected in the price being asked, since it's comparable to other cars of similar year/condition through other dealers
3) Not overly concerned about the MOT advisories, but again, it was not disclosed until I researched myself.

Tell him you want your non-refundable deposit refunded because by not telling you the car was originally an import from Holland and by not telling you of the MoT advisories he was in breach of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations May 2008. If he does not refund your deposit you can sue for it in the Small Claims Track of the County Court where judgement in your favour is almost guaranteed, but whether a Court Order to refund the cash gets it back is another matter. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/