Why doesn't my Dacia Sandero have a pollen filter?

I was under the assumption that all cars were fitted with pollen filters, but I find no such filter on my 2015 Dacia Sandero. It doesn't have air con, but there is a removable cover in the driver's footwell (with no filter element). Why is this filter omitted?

Probably because it has no aircon. A basic Sandero is one of the most basic cars you can buy. If it was fitted with a pollen filter then you would not get as much outside air into the car as you do. (Note that I didn't write as much "fresh" air as you do.)