Nissan Qashqai or a regular estate?

It seems everyone and their dog now drives an SUV

From where I see it if one of those hits you in your average size family car you will come off worse.

At the moment I am looking at petrol versions of the Nissan Qashqai or Leon ST, I am concerned about the former because it seems they are not very reliable and the latter for safety reasons.

We are a family of 2 adults and two 8 year olds. I do 10k a year.

Asked on 29 October 2016 by Wayne Dibbley

Big 4x4s aren't necessarily that safe. They might annihilate something they hit, but the occupants of the 4x4 still keep moving at the speed the thing was going and are not cushioned by 'crumple zones'. So the answer is to go for what you like driving. If you like to sit a bit higher and are prepared to sacrifice some degree of handling for that, up to you. If you prefer the handling of a lower car, go for one. Leons have two different types of rear suspension. The fully independent FR/Cupra set up rides and handles much better than the twist beam.