Does our Vauxhall Meriva have a faulty parking brake?

I have a new Vauxhall Meriva with a push button brake. Three times now we have pranged it when moving off on an incline. On one occasion I had to get out and wave the traffic behind to pass. Then, when there was nothing behind I revved hard and it still rolled back, which is very unnerving and I eventually held it on the clutch on the hill until the lights changed. Is this a feature or could it be a faulty brake?

Asked on 30 July 2010 by david lee

Answered by David Ross
It sounds like it's faulty if it isn't holding the car on inclines - it should, after all, act just like a conventional handbrake. Take it back to the dealer and get it looked at asap, pointing out that it's a serious safety issue.