Best car for taxi driver - Toyota Avensis or Prius?

I am planning to buy used (one year old) car to start my private hire job; however, I can't choose between the Toyota Avensis and Prius. Which is more reliable?

Massive numbers of private hire drivers have been switching over to Prius over the last couple of years. Very reliable. Very little to go wrong. Cheap to service. Economical.

The first thing that tends to go wrong is the waterpump at about 250,000 miles. But make sure you buy the base version on small wheels with deep profile tyres to get it down to 70g/km because that is a huge advantage now and will be greater in years to come.