Should I buy a Toyota Land Cruiser?

I am thinking of buying a Toyota Land Cruiser. I do approx 11,000 miles per year, mostly short journeys but with a couple of 100+ mile round trips a month and a 500-1000 mile round trip every three months or so.

I have always driven petrol cars and am worried about problems with diesels and numerous short journeys. Will a diesel Land Cruiser be suitable for my needs?

Asked on 24 September 2016 by Compost Corner

Unless you have to haul something heavy like a hog roast stand or a big caravan or a horse trailer, or you plan extensive off-road journeys, it's the wrong vehicle anyway.