How reliable are Alfa Romeo twin clutch autos?

I have read about the problems with Volkswagen dry clutch autos. Does the same issue exist with the Alfa Romeo TCT auto? Also does this Alfa gearbox need any maintenance?

Asked on 6 July 2016 by mossop

The Alfa TCT is wet clutch and yes, will require fresh fluid and filter every three years. Reports suggest has been more reliable than DSGs and Powershifts, but not as many of them around so that may be the reason for not as many reports of failures. I'd stick with six-speed torque converter, now available in some Focus models, all Mazdas, some Citroens and Peugeots and five and nine speed torque converters in some Hondas.