Buying a used Audi A3 1.6 TDI - What should I look out for?

I am planning to buy an Audi A3 2012 model with 1.6 TDI engine. What should I look out for when buying this car? Are there any specifiec issues with the 1.6 diesel engine?

Don't. This is a terrible engine and is the engine responsible for the NOx emissions scandal. They regularly need new EGRs. And VAG's programme to correct the emissions software and modify the engines has not yet extended to the EA189 1.6TDI. That said, there is nothing wrong with the subsequent EA288 1.6TDI engine (from late 2012 in the MQB cars) that employs manifold in head technology and is genuinely one of the lowest available for NOx emissions. For more, see all the VAG entries in www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar: Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen.