Emissions Scandal - is Mercedes-Benz being investigated?

In the light of Volkswagen problems with the emissions scandal, why has Mercedes Benz escaped investigation? I have an 10 month old SLK AMG Sport with the 2.1 diesel engine. Mercedes claim 70mpg for this engine. I have yet to achieve over 50mpg no matter how gently I drive or in fact if a whole tank of fuel is used on a motorway at 65mph.

Asked on 23 April 2016 by cheshiredolphin

Mercedes Benz hasn't escaped investigation over NOx by the German government. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/volkswagen-emissions-sca.../ But virtually all NEDC fuel economy is lab-test pie-in-the-sky. For what real drivers actually get driving real cars on real roads, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ The average for an SLK 250CDI is 44.7mpg.