What is the Government planning for diesel?

I am thinking of buying a second hand diesel for the first time, probably a Golf, as I need an automatic and a lot of auto cars seem to be diesel. I have heard that the government is planning changes that will encourage people not to go for diesel but I'm finding it hard to find exact details. Is this something I should avoid ?

Asked on 29 June 2015 by isisblues

Sorry, I don't work for the Government. I can't tell you what is being planned. It seems that the EC has about faced and switched from low CO2 to low NOx, but it will be difficult for them to make this stick throughout Europe, so take what you have read as warning signs rather than what will happen. However, there are a lot of other reasons for low mileage drivers to avoid diesels, and if that's you, get a petrol automatic.

Tags: buying