BMW Z4 fractured alloys - is this common?

In the 1.5 years I have had to replace five run flat tyres and three alloys because of punctures. In all cases the tyres were perfectly legal. BMW have dismissed my claim without explanation. This has cost me a fortune.

How can I take this further as their design is obviously not robust enough. Pot holes are probably the cause but I have never had this with any of my others cars.

Though this is fairly common with BMW rims of 18-inches and more, BMW might argue that unless those rims were standard to the car it was your choice to go for the bling and the consequent risk associated with ultra low profile tyres in a country riddled with potholes.