Parking ticket dispute - are they allowed to take me to court?

Thanks for your help thus far, a while ago, I asked about parking on private land and not displaying correctly, the ticket was issued 05/01/2013, I wrote and explained to them that I did indeed have a ticket and that a transaction had taken place. Now 18 months later, I have received a letter from a company called 'small claims solicitors' and they have said that under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 I must pay.

I have not heard a word from the parking group since January 2013, it is now July 2014, are they allowed to take me to court and or issue me with a CCJ?

Asked on 26 July 2014 by Janimoo

Answered by Honest John
If they have threatened bailiffs on you without taking you to court then this is criminal harassment and you should report it to the police. Also if they represent themselves as 'small claims solicitors' but are not actually legally qualified, then they are committing a further serious criminal offence.

If the original 'parking charge' they issued you with and now this current £130 are a 'parking charge' and not a demand for 'damages' then the 209% VAT element must be itemised on it. If it is not, then that is VAT fraud and you need to inform HMRC. FAQ about all of this here:
Similar questions
I received a parking charge from smart parking. I paid for an hour and I was twenty minutes in the shop. I received the fine and appealed it as I still had my proof that I paid for my parking. I have received...
I parked in a car park in Stockport recently. I paid my £1.50 at the machine, did my shopping, and left. A week later I received a letter from the parking company stating that I now owed them a parking...
Does 10 seconds taken to allow some to alight from a car constitute 'parking'?I have recently received a PCN which clearly shows on video the whole time taken. Is there a higher body that oversees local...

Ask Honest John

Value my car