Offered a goodwill discount on rust repair on my Audi A4 - is the quote loaded?

I have been offered a 70 per cent goodwill payment from Audi towards the repair/respray of some minor rust in the roof strips of my 2003 Audi A4 saloon. This is a very good offer for a 10-year-old car. The only problem is that they appear to have loaded the estimate for repair work so, in effect, I'm paying the full price based on other estimates from franchised body shops, including BMW and Volkswagen. My contribution would amount to £360. I welcome your advice.

Asked on 28 December 2013 by DG, Sheffield,

Why does that not surprise me? But in the circumstances you might as well go for the Audi approved repair. The fact that your are paying towards it constitutes a contract and you then have comeback against the dealer for any subsequent problems. Had it been 100 per cent paid for out of goodwill, you would not have had any comeback in the future.