Buying a new sports car- what do you recommend for £22,000?

I am looking to buy a sports car to use at weekends. I have up to £22,000 to spend, but don’t want a car that will cost me an arm and a leg to maintain. At present, I’m thinking Morgan or Porsche. What would you recommend?

Asked on 10 October 2013 by Bob Samways

If you want vintage ride, handling and discomfort, but a car that hardly depreciates at all, then the Morgan. If you want what is probably the definitive mainstream sportscar, with the finest handling, then the Porsche Cayman. If you want something in-between, then a Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport.