ABS/EBD winter driving advice

I have Yokohama W Drive drive fitted to my 4wd diesel auto Nissan Qashqai; when driving in snow should you have the ABS/EBD turned on or off - I am receiving conflicting advice?

Also is it better in these conditions to drive in manual mode rather using the auto box?

In snow and ice best to switch it off. While it is very helpful in wet conditions, on snow and ice it can counter your natural reactions and (basically) 'fight' you, and send you off the road. I'd rather be in charge of the car than leave it to electronics.