Trading in for a coupe/ roadster

I have a special edition 2002 Ford Focus Chic (3 door, full leather trim, done 79k miles) that I am thinking of trading in for a used coupe/roadster.

I would be grateful if I could hear your thoughts on a few things:
a) would I get more money buying the car and selling my old one separately or is it just easier going for a part-exchange given the age of the car?

b) The car is due for a service and has previously had the radio stolen which I have never bothered replacing, is it worth getting the car serviced and a radio installed before parting with it? I have read your section on this but I only intend to sell it to a dealer or doing a part exchange (not selling it privately).

c) I have a budget of about 4-6k for the next car, and I have considered quite a lot of coupes and two-seat roadsters, and I'm stuck between the Toyota Celica, Mazda RX-8, Mazda MX-5 and perhaps even a Porsche Boxster if I stretch my budget.

Is the reliability and overall running cost of the Mazda RX-8 and Porsche Boxster going to be of much concern compared to the other two?

Would you recommend any other coupe/ roadster in this price range?

Asked on 8 February 2012 by maverickice

a) Who knows? How much time have you got? How much do you want to spend on advertising? I'd simply p/x it.
b) If p/xing, needs the radio (car boot sale). Doesn't need the service.
c) Best not the RX-8. Can be a money pit. Best the MX-5, especially through the summer. Boxter likely to be a really deep money pit.