Which cars can use super ethanol (E85) fuel?

There is an increase at the pumps in France of super ethanol. Which UK purchased cars can use it?

Asked on 2 August 2022 by Robert Friedrich

Answered by Lawrence Allan
There are only a small number of UK cars around these days that can run on E85 (super ethanol) fuel. It was more widely available in the UK about 15 years ago but has fallen out favour, partly due to the space required to grow the crops for the fuel being needed for food production in the UK. Look for cars such as the Ford Focus FlexFuel (FFV), these were specially adapted to run on E85. A normal car should generally not run on E85 as it can eat fuel seals and damage components.
Tags: fuel