Should we buy a new Hyundai i10 automatic?

Until 12 months ago my wife very happily ran a Hyundai i10 1.2 Premium automatic. We decided to change and bought a Kia Picanto automatic which was only available with a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine. We quickly found that this was no match for the previous i10.

We are on the verge of ordering the new Hyundai i10 Premium automatic but on research the new model is not the same engine and gearbox as previously. Currently reading some not very complimentary opinions about the new set up. Can you please advise as I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire?

Asked on 24 January 2022 by Alan Clavering

Answered by Russell Campbell
I'd explain the situation to a dealer and ask for an extended test drive to establish if the car works for you. Automatic gearboxes do often make small cars feel sluggish.

I've not personally driven a new i10 auto so wouldn't feel comfortable advising whether it is good or bad.