Can you recommend a small car that'll cope well with hilly terrain?

Can you recommend a small automatic car. I have moved to the country and need something that will cope well with the steep hills around my house. I currently drive a 2008 Fiat 500, which doesn't cope well, but I'm so used to a very small car that I don't have the confidence to go much bigger. I'd prefer a used car as I won't put many miles on but the budget is fairly flexible. Thanks.

Asked on 14 May 2021 by Lesley Crinson

Try a Ford Fiesta with the punchy 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine. It's a bit bigger than your Fiat 500 but should be more confidence-inspiring. They do a rugged 'Active' model with a raised ride height, which might also be good for your confidence on steep hills.