Are van-based cars subject to van speed limits?

Are van-based cars subject to van speed limits? Which are the van-based cars? Thanks.

Asked on 26 October 2020 by Chris

Van-based cars, also known as car-derived vans or MPVs, aren't considered the same as commercial panel vans - which must do 10mph less than the national speed limit for a car on single and dual carriageways. That's the simplest explanation without getting into van weights and the like. You can see the full breakdown here: www.gov.uk/speed-limits

MPVs include vehicles like the Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Rifter. You can see our top 10 MPVs here: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-top-10s/top-10-van-based...s

We also ran a Peugeot Rifter for six months, which you can read about here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/peugeot-rifter