Water is leaking into the boot of my car. Do you know what could be causing it?

My 2017 Ford C-Max appears to have a leak somewhere in the boot area, which results in water collecting in the bottom of the spare wheel holding area. It's still under Ford warranty (I bought it as a Ford Direct used car). The dealer so far has had no success in locating where the leak is. Do you have any ideas? Many thanks.

Asked on 6 October 2020 by Jim Alderson

This is usually caused by a crack or hole in the rear light cluster. A faulty door seal will also cause water ingress. The best way to find the culprit is to dry the interior, shut the boot and then pour water over the car. When you open the boot again you should be able to see which route the water is taking to enter the interior.