Does my air conditioning need serviced after two years?

I have been contacted by my local Audi dealership advising that my car's (Audi A6 with 23,000 miles) air conditioning should be serviced every two years to keep system at optimum. They're offering their technicians to carry out this work for £149. What is your advice on this subject. Many thanks.

Asked on 30 July 2020 by C Hambidge

If the air condition is working fine (and blowing ice cold air), I'm not sure a service is necessary. Air conditioning systems are self lubricating and it should run trouble free as long you use it every day.