Why has DVLA not returned my V5 in six months?

I sent my new owner slip off to DVLA back in January, I taxed the car online and they take my monthly payment, so the car I sold taxed and it must be registered in my name as they are taking payment - but still no V5 registration documentation. What should I do?

Asked on 16 July 2020 by Mike Scott

DVLA is suffering major delays at the moment, with all applications - licence renewals, V5Cs etc. It might be a while until you get it back. Unfortunately, we've spoke to them a few times and there are no updates we're aware of. It's basically just a case of waiting until it comes back to you.
Tags: dvla